Recreational craft maintenance technician
(ALL PLACES COMPLETED)
To train professionals who are capable of maintaining the hull, structures, elements and systems that make up recreational craft in good condition, use and operation, using established procedures, complying with the required safety, occupational risk prevention and environmental specifications.
Level: Profesional Training, medium grade
Starting date: 2022
Course duration: 2000h (1600h at the training centre and 400h at the workplace), 2 school years
Timetable: Morning shift - Monday to Friday from 8h to 14:00h
Location: CIFP Centre de la Mar C/ Ruiz y Pablo 13, Maó, Menorca
What are the admission requirements?
You can access an intermediate cycle when you meet one of the following requirements:
- Holding the Compulsory Secondary Education Graduate Certificate or a higher academic level.
- Holding a Professional Training (Basic FP).
- Holding a Technical or Auxiliary Technical qualification or equivalent for academic purposes.
- To have passed the second year of the Unified and Polyvalent Baccalaureate (BUP).
- To have passed the university entrance exam for those over 25 years of age.
Access by exam (for those who do not have any of the above requirements)
- To have passed the entrance exam to intermediate level training cycles (you must be at least seventeen years old in the year in which the exam is taken).
- Basic machining.
- Maintenance of electrical installations and machinery on ships and boats.
- Preparation of recreational craft for maintenance work.
- Maintenance of the propulsion system and auxiliary equipment of recreational craft.
- Maintenance of refrigeration and air conditioning systems on pleasure craft.
- Maintenance of surfaces and elements of composite materials of recreational craft.
- Surface treatment and painting of recreational craft.
- Maintenance of electronic and computer equipment installations on recreational craft.
- Maintenance of pleasure craft rigging.
- Maintenance of wooden decks and adaptation/repair of furniture on recreational craft.
- Training and labour guidance.
- Business and entrepreneurship.
- Workplace training.
This professional works in the sector of maintenance of sports and recreational craft, mainly in naval repair and maintenance workshops and in the construction of recreational and sports craft.
- Carpenter's assistant / ship's carpenter.
- Boat painter's assistant / painter's assistant.
- Fibre-reinforced plastic components maintenance assistant.
- Boat mechanical systems maintenance assistant.
- Boat electrical and electronic systems maintenance assistant.
- Boat rigging maintenance assistant.