Cookies are small files that are installed on mobile devices and computers when the user navigates through web pages.
The installation of cookies allows for more personalised navigation guidance, improving the user's experience and interaction with the services offered by the owner of the website.
4. TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on the management of the source domain:
- Own: these are installed on the user's computer from the domain managed by the Web editor that provides the requested service.
- Third party: Those that are installed in the user's computer from a domain that is managed by another entity different from the Web editor.
Depending on the duration of their stay on the equipment/device:
- Of session: they are those that are eliminated once the user finishes surfing the Web.
- Persistent: they are the ones that are kept in the device permanently and that allow the Web to have stored the necessary information for later visits, speeding up the access to it.
Depending on the purpose of processing the data obtained, a third classification appears, the number and type of which may vary according to the purpose of the website itself. Some examples may be:
- Techniques: to allow the use of the different options/services associated with browsing the website.
- Geolocation: to know anonymously the country from where the navigation is made, directing the content according to the geographical location, for example to determine the language of the user who uses the web.
- Personalisation: Specify some characteristics of the general options of the website.
- Analysis: collect information on the type of browsing being done.
- Advertising: Showing ad banners, adjusting parameters to improve the delivery of advertising and helping to optimise campaigns.
- Behavioural advertising: obtain information on navigation at intervals to segment the user's profile and personalize navigation based on their preferences.
Considering the importance of privacy and security on the Internet, it is essential to have control over what happens to computers at the time the installation of cookies is accepted.
6. MANAGEMENT OF INSTALLED COOKIES
Each browser has its own way of managing the control of the installed cookies. To do this, you must go to the appropriate configuration of the browser you have installed. This configuration will allow you to delete the cookies related to each of the websites from which they have been installed.
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Configuration. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser Help.
- Mozilla Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Custom settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or browser Help.
- Google Chrome: Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy > Content settings. For more information, you can consult Google support or browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences > Security. For more information, you can consult Apple support or browser Help.
- Opera: Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies For more information, you can consult Opera support or browser Help.
- If you use another browser than those listed above, you should consult the information regarding cookie management for that browser.
7. OUR COOKIES
- Of analysis. Cookies that allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the website. Provider: Google Analytics.